Chainsaws are very resourceful tools for any woodworker. They help to cut and shape wood, a task that would otherwise be painfully tedious. In as much as they are very useful, they are hazardous too. You need to have the comprehensive knowledge of handling a chainsaw, as well as have the necessary protective gear. Chainsaw chaps come in very handy in protecting your legs. Your legs are arguably the closest part of your body to the chainsaw while you are working. Having the best chainsaw chap will ensure your legs remain protected. They are essentials if you will be working with chainsaws anywhere.
There are many types of chainsaw chaps out there in the market. It may not be very easy to tell which among the many types is the best, especially if you have never used one before. There are not many chainsaw chap comparisons available either. You might be wondering, what are the best chainsaw chaps? You should not worry! We took our time to compile one of the best chainsaw chaps reviews. This is a review of various chainsaw chaps that we have established to be great. Our team of experts explored various chainsaw chaps and came up with a line-up of the chainsaw chaps that they found effective.
The review will highlight the respective features of the chainsaw safety chaps, as well as their pros and cons. Shopping for a chainsaw chap should no longer be such a daunting task. The review aims at arming you with relevant information to enable you to get the best chainsaw chap next time you go shopping for one. After going through the review, you should be able to get the best chainsaw chap for the money you have. Tag along and let’s get you the best chainsaw chap. First, below is a quick snippet of the various chainsaw protective chaps reviewed.
Best Chainsaw Chaps 2022
- Husqvarna 587160704 Chainsaw Chap – This is a technical apron wrap chap with a 1000 denier polyester with PVC coating build.
- Husqvarna 531309565 Chainsaw Chap – This is a hand wash and hangs to dry chainsaw chap with 5 layers of protective polyester fabric.
- Forester Chainsaw Chap – this is a 36 inches long chap with a lightweight and water-resistant build. It wraps around the front of your legs.
- Husqvarna Technical Chainsaw Chap – this is a 40-inch long chap which is adjustable up to 42 inches. It has felling wedge/gear pocket.
- Labonvilles Full Wrap Chainsaw Chap – this is a full-wrap chap. It wraps around your whole leg are to provide ample protection.
- Forester OEM Chainsaw Chap – This is a professional grade chainsaw chap with a polyester build. It comes with a plastic helmet too. The chap measures 37 inches long.
- Makita 841008 Chainsaw Chap – This is a fairly new introduction to the market. Makita is a popular manufacturer of chainsaws. This chainsaw chap is a lightweight 38 inches long chap. It has a polyester build too.
We kick off with a chainsaw chap. Husqvarna is one of the biggest chainsaw brands. It is only logical that manufactures chainsaw chaps too. The Husqvarna 587160704 is one of their best chainsaw pants. It is a technical apron wrap that fully covers the front of your legs. The chaps are made of 1000 denier polyester with PVC coating.
- The chaps have a Tek wrap protective layer
- The waist size can be adjusted up to 42 inches
- It has a felling wedge/gear pocket
- It is UL certified
- The chaps are very versatile. They come in a good size and are adjustable. Many people can use them
- The chainsaw chaps are made of a very strong and durable materials
- They are very lightweight
- The gear pocket is very convenient. You can carry your work tools very conveniently.
- The chainsaw chap has a reflective strip at the bottom that frays and crack very quickly.
The Husqvarna 587160704 chainsaw chap seems like an effective chap. There is a myriad of testimonials on Amazon of how the chap has protected in various instances. Looking at the features of the chap reveals that it is very effective too. It certainly should be one of your options if you are considering getting one soon.
We have yet another Husqvarna chainsaw chap, the Husqvarna 531309565. Just like its counterpart above, this chap has all that is needed on an effective chainsaw chap. It comes with all the necessary certifications, to ascertain that it is effective. The chainsaw chap is a hand wash and hangs to dry chap that has a very strong polyester construction.
No products found.Features
- The chainsaw chap is UL listed
- It is made of 600 denier polyester with PVC coating
- It has 5 layers of kevmalimot material
- It weighs one pound
- The chainsaw chaps are very lightweight
- They have a very strong and durable construction. They are strong enough to be protective
- The chaps wrap fully around your legs offering complete coverage
- They are adjustable, hence versatile. They can be used by almost anyone
- The chainsaw chaps are hard to adjust
- They are not very comfortable during hot weather
- The chaps cannot fit very tall persons. They are rather short
The Husqvarna 531309565 chainsaw chap does not seem to disappoint in many aspects. There are real-life testimonials from various people who have been protected by the chaps from what would have been otherwise very gory accidents. The chaps will certainly offer you the much-needed protection. They should not miss in your list of options.
The Forester Chainsaw chaps are yet other very effective chaps. This 36 inches chaps have all the required certifications of protective regalia. They are not suitable for use with electric chainsaws though. You can use them effectively with gas chainsaws. The chaps cover the fronts of both legs, which are the most vulnerable parts of your body while you are sawing.
- The Chainsaw chaps are UL listed
- They are water-resistant
- They wrap around the front of your legs
- They measure 36 inches long
- The chaps have a sleek finish
- They are incredibly lightweight
- They are comfortable to wear
- They have a strong and durable build
- It has a very convenient tool for carrying pocket.
- The chainsaw has straps that tend to loosen after a short while. You have to keep fastening them.
- You cannot use it with an electric chainsaw
The Forester chainsaw is very protective so long as you use it the right way. Always ensure it is well fastened and you are working with a gas-powered chainsaw. The chainsaw chap has certifications of adherence to all American safety standards. The chainsaw chap has been proven as effective and should certainly feature in your list of options.
We have yet another Husqvarna chainsaw chap. This further cements the reputation of the Husqvarna chainsaw chaps as effective. This chap features all the superior features synonymous with Husqvarna chaps. It is a 40-inch long chap that wraps around your legs to offer ample protection. The chap has a 1000 denier polyester construction that delivers ample protective cover.
- The chap has a 1000 denier polyester with PVC coating build
- It is adjustable up to 42 inches
- It is UL listed
- The chap has a falling wedge/gear pocket
- The chainsaw chap has a very strong construction
- It has is very lightweight
- The tool pocket comes in very handy when you need to carry some tools.
- The chap fully wraps around your legs for complete protection
- The chainsaw chap is difficult to adjust.
- It is not very comfortable to wear during hot weather
The Husqvarna Technical chainsaw chap lives up to the good reputation of Husqvarna products. You can go sawing with peace of mind with this chap on your legs. It will offer the much-needed protection. The chap’s straps on tightly and allow you to concentrate on your sawing. This chainsaw chap is available on Amazon. It has very impressive reviews from people who have used it before.
The Labonvilles is yet another phenomenal chainsaw chap. It is a full wrap chap that covers a larger part of your body than all the other chaps that we have reviewed. It is a full leg cover chap with a very strong and durable polyester build. A Chap is a great option if you are working in squeezed space where you have to stand in unusual postures. It is one of the full wrap chainsaw chaps.
- The chainsaw chain has a polyester build
- It is a full leg wrap chainsaw chap
- The chap weighs 3 pounds
- The chaps are 36 inches long
- The chainsaw chap has a very strong and durable build
- The chap is very comfortable to wear
- It provides more protection coverage
- They have a good fitting
- They are versatile. They can be used by virtually anyone
- The chaps are not very comfortable in wear in hot weather
- They do not protect the crotch area
The Labonvilles chainsaw chap is an incredible chap to have. It provides ample protection and its durable. The chainsaw chap has all the essential features of a great an effective chap. The chap has very impressive reviews on Amazon, further proof of its unrivalled performance. It is a fantastic chainsaw chap to have. You will certainly have some peace of mind while sawing if you have a pair of these chaps on. It is one of the best chainsaw chaps amazon.
6) Forester Protective Clothing – OEM Forestry Cutter Combo Kit Apron Chaps Helmet Face Shield Ear Muffs Safety Glasses Arborist Equipment Chainsaw Pants Logging Tools Helmet Accessories Orange
We have yet another chap from the Forester brand. The forester chaps are also known to be very strong and effective. This chap is the ultimate chap for sawing. It comes with a helmet too. The chainsaw chap is a professional grade chap suitable for heavy-duty situations. The chap and all its accessories have undergone quality testing and have been certified by the relevant bodies. It is one of the best chainsaw protective pants that we have on the review.
- The chainsaw chain comes with a helmet
- It is UL listed
- It has a polyester build
- The chainsaw chap measures 37 inches
- The chainsaw chap has a very strong and durable construction
- It has ample protective cover
- The chap is very lightweight
- It is not costly
- The helmet is made of plastic materials that are rather fragile
- The chap may not be very comfortable to wear in hot weather
The Forester OEM chainsaw chap is yet another masterpiece from Forester. The chainsaw chap is designed for professional applications and will offer ample protection in the most hazardous conditions. It is a fantastic chainsaw chain that has provided the needed protection for many people. There are several very convincing testimonials on Amazon. It is a fantastic option for any sort of application.
Lastly, we review the Makita 841008 chainsaw chap. Makita is also a very popular chainsaw manufacturer. Their chaps are also very effective and will keep you out of harm’s way as you work. The Makita 841008 is a 38-inch long chap with a polyester build. It is one of the best chainsaw chaps form the Makita brand.
- The chainsaw chap measure 38 inches long
- The chap weighs 2.7 pounds
- It is a full leg wrap around chainsaw chap
- The chainsaw chap has a polyester reinforced with PVC build.
- The chaps are very strong and durable
- They are lightweight
- The chaps are versatile. They come in a good size, and the straps hold on tightly
- They are comfortable to wear even in hot weather
- It has ample protective cover
- The chainsaw chaps are fairly new in the market. They have not been put to the test to ascertain their effectiveness yet.
The Makita 841008 chainsaw chap does not seem to disappoint as far as all the aspects of a great protective chap are concerned. It is a fantastic chap with ample protective cover. The chap is a fairly new introduction into the market, but it seems to be up to the task. The few reviews it has on Amazon are all positive.
Best Chainsaw Chaps 2022 – Buyer’s Guide
The reviews above are meant to give you a better understanding of what the best chainsaw chap is supposed to be. Before narrowing down to any specific chainsaw chap, you should consider several factors. The factors revolve around your intended use and the features of the chainsaw chap. The chaps are designed to be suitable for different situations.
Factors to consider when buying chainsaw chaps
- The type of chainsaw one is using
There are three types of chainsaws namely; electric, cordless, and the gas type. The chainsaw chap is specific. Therefore, it is important first to consider the type of chainsaw one is using. Electric chainsaws are associated with blows which most chaps do not withstand. In such a scenario, one should choose more strong chaps for convenience. Electric chainsaw chaps retail at a higher cost. To save money, one should not buy an electric chainsaw chap, if the type of chainsaw to use is not electric.
- The comfort
This is an important factor to consider. The user will have to wear it for a long time hence must be comfortable. The chap should have a perfect size. It should provide enough room for easy movement. It should have a manageable weight. Too heavy chap compromise movement. It should not be too light as this will lower its quality. The breathability of the chainsaw’s chap should be considered especially if one intends to work during the summer. They should promote easier breathing for comfort.
- The material used
There are various materials used to make the chaps. They include; polyester, ballistic, Denier, and Kevlar. The cost of each material varies thus should buy the affordable one. The maintenance of each material is also different. Some can only be hand washed while others can be machine washed. On the hand, other materials are not meant to be washed as this destroys their protective fabrics. It is therefore important to buy a material that seems easier to maintain. Also, the material should be durable to avoid replacement cost.
- The design
The chainsaw’s chap should have a desirable design. It should have deep and strong pockets. It should also be adjustable. Adjustability makes it fit a range of sizes hence one can share with other family members. Strong and deep pockets, on the other hand, provide proper storage of accessories thus minimal chances of losing them.
The chainsaw’s chap should be accredited. In one’s country, the safety standards of the chap selected should be accepted. This guarantee the buyer, that the product has been proven and tested to be of high quality.
The reviews and buying guide above should help you narrow down to your best-suited chainsaw chap. Having a chainsaw suited to your situation is essential as you cannot gamble with your safety. Get one of these, but we hope you never have to find out how well they work.